Wednesday, August 29, 2007

epiphany

I watched a documentary last night called "the future we will create" about this convention they have every year in Monterey, California. It was such an interesting thing and i ended up going to the website. The website is www.ted.com ....and it has all sorts of interesting people who are allowed about 20 minutes to present to the audience their thought, their invention, their idea, their work, their music, or basically any other creative thing that they have come up with. Much of it deals with social issues and how the world can be changed for the better. Anyway, it's really interesting stuff and i have become addicted to listening to what these creative people have to say and show. Here is an example of one of my favorites speakers i have heard so far.
Sir Ken Robinson: Do Schools Kill Creativity?

Anyway, if any of you happen to get addicted to this website like i am, feel free to let me know if you find any really interesting videos on there that i might like.

Fantasy Football has started and i am now in a different league with different people than i have been before. I can tell this league is going to consume much more of my time than probably ever before. I bought a horrid team from somebody who gave up i think and it has been fun trying to rebuild it. We'll see what happens.

I'm really looking forward to going home this weekend and seeing everybody. I think i have mentioned that before.

I think i want to start a non-profit organization via a website that people can donate money to any cause they wish. I could put hundreds of "causes" onto my website that people could donate money to their cause of choice, and i could allocate that money to a certain organization. I just thought of that as i am typing this, and i am sure i could make it much better and more elaborate than that, but you get the idea. Just an idea.

Cubs lose today, but still a few games up!

1 comment:

jayhawkjesse33 said...

Try the 'human fund'...its always a popular one.