Thursday, August 16, 2007

i burn

Sadly, my vacation is almost over. I had hoped to make it through the entire vacation without peeling, but unfortunately it only took 1 day to get toasted and i am now in full fledge peel mode.

I don't think ferrell and jonah believed me when i said there wasn't anything to do in Marco Island. They found out very quickly when on the first night they scoured the entire town with there new friend Sigon, a marriott employee who they met and paid a few bucks to drive them around after he got off work.. He showed them all of the hot spots, which are took very little time because there are none.

Tonight was another attempt for them to hit the naples bar scene, i guess hoping to meet some smokin hot ladies.

I just realized i need to buy my sister's new twin babies that she is going to have here in a few days some gifts before i go home at the end of the month. This is all new to me, i have no clue what to buy, but i am sure i will find something. Are they too young for G.I. Joe's?

Have read 2 books this vacation, one by Tony Dungy which was very good. The other was called "the only road north", a true story about some kids riding dirt bikes from the souther tip of africa to the northern. Might be my favorite book i have ever read, or at least i think it fit in to my current state of mind and age. I highly suggest it, it was given to me from my mom after she read it.

Things to remember about this vacation so far:
-the appliance guy.
-never shave your head before spending a week at the beach.
-marco island is not a place for single people.
-apparantley not everyone likes ferrell, and he doesn't care.
-i miss thunderstorms
-the secret

No comments: