Sunday, July 1, 2007

the week that was

Well, it's sunday evening the 1st day of July already. It certainly feels like july as it is supposed to be 117 on the 4th. Can't wait to spend my day off in that weather.

I played 3 softball games yesterday in a tournament. It had been about 3 weeks since my last softball game and any real strenuous running. And today i can tell. Normally when you play right center field in softball, you don't get too many balls hit your way. For some reason yesterday, i think about 50% of all the balls put in play were hit in my direction. So i was running around like crazy at full speed, not to mention running the bases after my fabulous weekly hit ground balls... So today i wake up and i am sore as can be and stiff as a bored. I wanted to climb camelback this evening, but there isn't a chance in hell of that. I am really starting to understand what it feels like to be getting old. This sucks. I need to hire a personal trainer to whip me in shape.

The past week has been another typical week in the life of Joe Sanders. Lots of work, lots of eating, lots of internet browsing, and lots of wishing it were the fall season already.

Things i did get accomplished were:
1) Finishing a book
2) Purchasing a plane ticket to Chicago for September
3) Purchasing a plane ticket for Indiana for Labor Day weekend
4) Consolidating much of my debt onto an American Express card
5) Paying way too many bills.
5) Not making my bed 1 time this week.

Overall, a very productive week.

Last night Jonah and i went on our Saturday night ice cream date after both having major cravings...and i asked for a banana split. So of course i am salivating for this 6$ chunk of delight for like 10 minutes as he makes it. Finally he tells me he is out of strawberries (jonah must of taken the last of them as he ordered some strawberry thingy) and that i can substitute something else if i would like. So after not finding any other berry type thing that fit my liking...the pressure was on. He mentioned apple fillling, and i said ok. Of course after taking my first bite, all i could taste was this apple filling and it quickly became one of the grosest ice cream things i had ever eaten, and so 3/4 of it was tossed. On the bright side i am still not fat.

My goals for the upcoming week are not to spend money. I spent way too much last week on plane tickets and crap. Even though i make more money now than i did a year ago, my bank account still seems to keep the same amount in it...I need to try and reverse that trend.

Cubs are rolling, won 8 out of 9 and could be within a few games of first place before the all-star break if things keep up. That past sentence obviously brought to you by a cub fan who still hasn't learned.

No comments: