Sunday, July 8, 2007

shoulda sung neil diamond

Really contemplating shaving my head when i leave for florida next month, and not shaving the entire week. Maybe a new look for me, see how that works out.

Had a good weekend..Friday night i watched the "man vs. wild" marathon which was fine by me. Saturday we played some tennis right in the middle of the day...i felt like my game is improving, hit some solid forehands but still got beat.

Saturday night the 3 of us went to Nick's co-workers house for a cookout(or as they like to call them in AZ, a barbeque(which makes no sense unless you are barbequeing in my book)). Had a lot of fun, met some nice people. Did some swimming, brought my ping-pong game out of retirement which turned out very successful i must say, and overall had a very good night. Bummer Nick had to miss a lot of fun due to the bottle of Jaeger that quickly became his buddy, then turned on him.

But Jonah and i closed out the party strong by making it to the finals of the American Idol Karaoke tournament. We both got perfect scores in the 3rd round after my rendition of the Piano Man and jonah busting out some "straight up" by Paula Abdul. Unfortunately i picked a tough song in the finals, Jonah just didn't bring his A-game, which left Crystal to take home the title. Fun times though, and i think it's time to buy a karaoke machine.


I've come to realize that i struggle to sleep in like i used to. I really love to sleep in, as i am not much of a morning person. But i guess now that i am growing up my mind and body doesn't want me to waste any more hours of my life than i should. I miss not feeling bad about sleeping past 10am.

No comments: