Friday, July 20, 2007

george strait

I come to you from sunny mexico. I'm sitting in a condo by myself, as usual, when coming to mexico for work. I suppose that is my own fault though. Just got done with dinner at "the crows nest". It's this restaurant on the top of a big hill overlooking the entire city. It's a great view, especially at sunset. They had changed the menu from the last time i was there, and tonight's food was excellent. Can't say the same about the service, but guess there is no reason to be greedy right.

Had Dinner with Alberto and his wife...very nice people. Alberto is the Activities/Concierge for our company, and today was my first time meeting them. He speaks decent english, but she is still learning for the most part. It's such a different experience than what i am used to in the states, when the language barrier is there. But i think it's fun and good character builder. I really need to learn spanish though. I could probably get a raise.

I'm loving this new George Strait song titled "wrapped". It just flows really well and i find it to be a great song.

It's interesting to me that now that i am in mexico, a lot of the websites automatically switch to spanish. Apparantley the spanish word for 'link' is Vinculo.

I sat on the beach for a bit today, but didn't want to spend too much time out there so not to spoil my vacation coming up in a few weeks. Just don't want to wear off the excitement of being on a beach.

Cubs are on fire, only 2.5 back. Who would of thought, certainly not me. In my lifetime i have never seen them win so many games in 1 stretch, and i am guessing neither has my dad or grandpa. Obviously they are only setting themselves up for major failure at the end of the year.

Anywho, let's hope tomorrow goes well and maybe i will learn something.

No comments: