Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The surreal life

There seems to be a lot of really major life changing things going on in the people's lives who are close to me. One of my best bud's Taf and his wife just gave birth to there first child yesterday, very excited for them. That totally makes me feel old. My sister is about to give birth to her twins, makes me feel even older. I found out today one of my high school buds just got called up to the big leagues for the San Diego Padres. Even though it has nothing to do with me, i just find that to be really cool and look forward to following his career. I had an ex-girlfriend get married last week. My grandma is having cancer surgery tomorrow. Ferrell just bought a house(totally means we are getting old). And on a horribly sad note, one of my co-workers brother died due to a random electrocution accident this past weekend. One of the saddest things i have ever seen.

It's been a very surreal week for me, even though my day to day life hasn't been any different than normal, but everybody around me seems to have something crazy going on.

I've definitely been blessed with many things in my life. A great family with each member being very unique and talented. I've made some great friends who i know would bend over backwards for me, as i would for them. I've been able to take vacations and travel more than the average person. I've had great health. I've learned from mistakes without them being too major to overcome. I've never gone hungry....etc.

So my even steven attitude makes me believe that there could be a lot of things in store for me in the future as far as major events affecting my life, not necessarily all good. I'm just hoping when the bad does come, myself and whoever else it affects will be able to ride it out until the good things come. I feel like i have skated through life to this point, so the major challenges must be around the corner somewhere. At least that makes sense in my mind.

A few things of note from today's events. I woke up to the dog shitting in the kitchen while i was half asleep. So for some reason i decided to get dressed and then i would clean it up on my way out the door. Well, when i went back to clean it up, the dog had eaten all of her own shit. I was trying not the barf while walking to my car.

Then, after i got done working out and about to hit the shower, nick and i were chatting and all of the sudden the dog takes a shit on the top of the backrest of the couch. I don't believe i will ever see that happen again in my lifetime, a dog 2 feet away from me shitting on the backrest of a couch! Who does that? It's like the dog was trying to impress me today with it's shitting tactics.

Anyway, Cubs win again.

Good luck Grammy

No comments: