Thursday, June 21, 2007

mom's in the house

Well, time to throw your turkey on the sidewalk, it's officially hot as an oven outside in the valley.

My mom made her way out west last night to see her baby boy. We had a great dinner at Aregano's last night, about 1am her time. She couldn't of picked a more brutal 4 days in june to be in Phoenix, so i need to make the trip worth her time.

Nick's dog got spade a few days ago, so we have a dog moping around our house on the injured list. I think lil' jordy will pull through in fine fashion though. I wonder if getting spade will stop her from eating chunks of carpet....any correlation there? Probably not.

Somehow this bed i bought about 5 months ago has managed to become hard as a rock. I don't get it. It's got a pillow-top mattress and it's just not comfortable anymore. In fact, i wake up every single morning with my back hurting. I guess i need to go out and buy a pad or something, i sure has hell am not buying a new mattress anytime soon.

Thought about purchasing Dave Matthews tickets tonight...but then i realized i don't have anybody to go with yet, and the best seats available were in the last row of the pavilion. I think i will wait until a few days before and re-evaluate my situation, maybe some better seats will open up. I haven't been to a dave concert in a few years, i think it's time to get back. Norah jones had a concert here in phoenix the other day that i wanted to hit up, but forgot about that.

I was off my game at work today. Not sure what it was, but i just felt like i sounded like an idiot when dealing with people, like i didn't know what i was talking about. It was strange. Maybe the heat is getting to me.

No comments: