Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day

Well, Father's Day arrived today and it has become a day of mixed emotions for me since i moved away from Indiana. The past 2 fathers days have made me wonder why i chose to live so far away from my family. My father has Multiple Schlorosis, and it makes me feel like a selfish ass most of the time because i am not there to help him out. I'm sure he wants me to live my life and all, but days like today really make me wonder what the hell i am doing so far away from home and the people i love. It also doesn't help that my sister is having twins in a few months, which will be my first nephews, and i won't be there.

But on the other hand moving to Phoenix has turned out to be a great move for me career wise and i really love it out here. I've had a blast. The only thing hanging over my head right now is finishing school. It sounds like it would be an easy thing to do, but as much as i struggled my first 4 years in school, and as much as i work now, it's really not something i have been dying to do. I guess i just need to suck it up, especially since my life and career choice finally has some direction.

Anyway, i really do miss my family, especially my dad on this fathers day. I think the next 6 months will tell how long my time in Phoenix will last....to be determined by job, a girl entering my life, and school.

This past week was pretty uneventful like normal. In fact, i can't even remember if anything happened this past week other than this weekend. Friday night was a lot of fun. Nick turned 27 and about 16 of us met up for Dinner. It was a lot of fun and something we should do more often. Then on saturday, 5 of us went to the Salt River and tubed down the river for 4 hours. It was a lot of fun, maybe a bit long, but something i suggest doing at least once. The sun wore me out and i was in bed fairly early last night. Today i woke up and made a phone call to my dad. He seemed excited to talk to me which made me feel good and bad at the same time(read paragraphs above as to why). Then i proceeded to watch the cubs get hammered, no suprise there.

After sitting around most of the day, reading a book, surfing the internet, and trying to get out of the sun, it was time to get some exercise. So i hit the gym, then hiked camelback like normal on sundays. The weather was great by 6pm and it was a nice sunset from the top of the mountain.

I'm sitting here watching Entourage and wondering why i just don't try to become an actor. I realize i am not one who needs or likes attention, but i think i could handle it for the money and lifestyle. I can't be any worse than half the actors out there.

Lesson learned this week: I need to gamble more often.

No comments: